I got to interview one of my favorite blogger. Cool dude. Click more to see the interview
1. First of, who influenced you to start a blog?
Honestly, this was such a long time ago I can’t remember. I think it was soon after starting to read Phill Ryu’s blog which influenced me heavily to start my own.
2. What do you like about blogging?
Everything! Creating the content, pressing the publish button, communicating with my community, meeting new people. The list goes on.
3. How does it feel to run such a successful blog?
I wouldn’t call my blog successful yet, although different people have different meanings of success. I’m still lacking in a few areas where I see I can improve in. Once those are complete, I’ll look at my blog and confidently say it has been successful.
3. Are you an organized person?
I’m a very organized person…most of the time. One of my goals before the year ends is to really streamline my daily workflow and stop wasting time with pointless browsing. Other than that, I’m rather organized at this current point in time.
4. Do you make a lot of money through blogging?
Not through blogging on my own site directly, however blogging on my site has opened up other opportunities to blog and write for others, which in turn, brings in a fair amount of money.
5. Did your blog start initially as a personal blog or was it both (personal/professional)?
It was both, I started my blog without much planning (contradicting my advice for others). However I knew it would be light on a personal note.
6. Have you ever had a writer’s block?
Surprisingly, I haven’t experienced this at all. I do have my days where I really don’t feel like writing, but I can usually must through these days un-scaved.
7. We all know that blogging is a full time job, where do you find time to get other things done, things like taking care of chores, spending quality time with that special girl hehe etc?
Generally I wake in the morning and get a couple of hours online before starting school. After school and in the evening I estimate I have another 4-5 hours online after I’ve had two 1 hour phone calls to the girl 😉 and finished anything else which needs doing. This 4-5 hours gives me plenty of time to sit down and write. The key is to prioritize.
8. Do you use any tools to maintain being such an excellent blogger?
and last but not least, my stunning new Mac Pro.
9. What are your favorite websites?
Too many to list! A few personal favorites are Daring Fireball, Zen Habits, Avalonstar, 5ThirtyOne, and InsideAperture – as for forums, MacRumors and Photography On The Net.
10. How much longer do you think your going to blog for…another 2 years,3 years, = full time maybe?
This is a question I really can’t answer directly. I’m going to keep blogging as long as I’m enjoying what I’m doing, which as far as I can see, won’t stop anytime soon.
Glenn Wolsey’s blog can be located at: http://glennwolsey.com
Lovingly made on Tuesday, July 31st, 2007 at 1:07 am. Filed under Uncategorized.